Choosing your wedding venue is one of the first big decisions you’ll make in the wedding planning process, and there is a lot of choices. From choosing a style and type of venue, location, and then going to view them. The venue is the foundation for your day and also one of the biggest expenses, our printable checklists include important questions to ask wedding venues, including questions about your contract and booking.
Choosing a Wedding Venue in St. Louis Checklist
To help you out, we’ve put together a handy event planning checklist with all the questions you should ask when scouting venues.
- Make sure you sign up for our food tasting with your wedding coordinator
- Make a definite list of all guests you plan to invite to the event
- Contact your Andre’s coordinator for an appointment to print your invitations
- Contact your Andre’s coordinator for an appointment to choose suits for the wedding party
- If your ceremony is at Andre’s book our on staff non-denominational officiant for your service
- Meet with Harter Bakery to select and design the wedding cake
- Contact Complete Wedding and Events for your DJ, photography, photo booth, and video needs
- Once your colors are selected call Irene’s flower shop for fresh flower arrangements
- One month prior to your event have the guys fit for their suits
- 2 weeks prior to the event meet with Andre’s for final headcounts, menu, and payment
- Day of the event, show up, and have fun!!
- Is there a room available for the bride and groom to use on the day?
- If rooms are available for overnight accommodation, then how many?
- Costs for overnight accommodation?
- Is breakfast included?
- What time is check out the following day?
- Can rooms be reserved for guests to book?
- If no accommodation at the venue, can the recommended hotels or nearby B’n’B’s to use?
- Do they offer in-house catering? If not, do they have any recommendations?
- Do you have example menus and prices?
- Does the venue provide equipment i.e. tables, chairs, linen, plates, glassware, etc.?
- Can you supply a cake stand and knife if required?
- Do you have an alcohol license and what time can you offer alcohol until?
- Does the venue insist on supplying the wine and champagne?
- If applicable. What do they charge for corkage?
- What time does the reception need to finish by?
- What are the various options and costs for the venue?
- What is the cancellation policy?
- How much is the deposit to secure the date and when is it due?
- How much is the final balance and when is it due?
After ticking off all the boxes on this checklist, make sure you know who your go-to person at the venue will be on the day of your event. Having someone to deal with any problems that arise will help your event run smoothly.
Andre’s Banquet & Catering in St. Louis
Andre’s Banquet and Catering has a unique feature that sets our venues apart from any other facility in the Midwest. We are the only ‘One Stop Shop’ to further assist our clients in planning special events with ease and accountability. Let Andre’s assist with your floral design, invitations, tuxedos, photography, limousine, entertainment, and the minister’s needs at discounted prices to make your event a memorable success.
If Andre’s clients utilize the ‘One Stop Shopping’, in addition to ease and accountability of service, we offer a $100 credit for booking four of our offered services which include: Invitations, Tuxedos, Music & Entertainment, Limousine Service, Photographers, Florists, Ministers, and Hotels. Contact us today for any questions or reservations.